Role & Responsibilites of RAC
Job Descriptions of the Respected Members
All the members of the RAC were briefed about their job descriptions which were as follows:
- Set the agenda for each meeting.
- Ensures that agendas and supporting materials are delivered to members in advance of the meetings.
- Makes the purpose of each meeting clear to members and explains the agenda at the beginning of each meeting.
- Clarifies and summarizes what is happening throughout each meeting.
- Keeps the meeting moving by putting time limits on each agenda item and keeping all meetings to two hours or less.
- Encourages broad participation from members in discussion
- Ends each meeting with a summary of decisions and assignments.
If the Chairperson is unable to attend a meeting, the Co-Chair will carry responsibility for the meeting.
The Members have the following responsibilities;
- Understand the goals, objectives, and desired outcomes of the Research Advisory Committee.
- Take a genuine interest in the project’s outcomes and overall success.
- Act on opportunities to communicate positively about the work of the Group.
- Actively participate in meetings through attendance, discussion, and review of minutes, papers, and other Advisory Group documents
- Support open discussion and debate, and encourage fellow Advisory Group members to voice their insights.