The ASCP will deliver the highest quality education, research opportunities, and service towards the advancement of the Pharmacy profession.
Akhtar Saeed College of Pharmacy, Canal Campus, Lahore, endeavors to produce pharmacy graduates as trained and skillful professional pharmacists who will be knowledgeable, humane, committed to lifelong learning, research oriented and dutiful to their profession and society at large and contribute towards the improvement and well-being of patient community.
Message from the Principal
Dr. Imran Waheed
Dr. Imran Waheed is PhD in Pharmacognosy (Pharmacy). He is the first PhD in the subject of Pharmacognosy ever in the history of Punjab Province. He has been awarded with gold medal from Pakistan Society of Pharmacognosy and Natural Therapy. He has more than 15 years of teaching experience. He has been excelling his expertise to educate Pharm.D and M.Phil./PhD students. He has been the member of Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC). He has also been an honorable member of board of studies of various Universities and Colleges of Punjab. He is excelling his services in research especially in natural products isolation and characterization. He is Higher Education Commission (HEC) approved supervisor. He has been the adjunct faculty member of The University of Lahore and total 14 M.Phil. students have been graduated under his supervision. He has published 20 research papers in the journals of national/ international repute.
Message from Principal:
Dear students, I cordially welcome you all to Akhtar Saeed College of Pharmacy (ASCP) family, to learn and explore the profession of PHARMACY, which is noble in its character and pious in its deeds. Education is not just memorizing the facts and getting grades, it is preparing the students for the FUTURE. The people who succeed has to be curious, innovative and resilient to adopt to new changes that plays a major role in the leadership skills.
Akhtar Saeed College of Pharmacy (ASCP) is committed to render value based quality Pharmaceutical Education, following innovation in teaching and learning methods. Emphasis is given to personality development, by conducting soft skill training, career orientation programs, etc. The advancement and globalization in the pharmaceutical sector have created a vast scope for qualified pharmacists in Pharma Industries, Academics, Research and Development, Marketing and Management, Hospitals, Clinical Research, Government agencies, etc.
Our college is equipped with the advanced facilities, young dynamic and meritorious faculty, well-furnished and equipped laboratories with modern instruments, excellent library, computer laboratory with latest configuration of computers having internet facility and state of the art building for Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) program.
Our Aim: Our aim is not only to produce pharmacy graduates but also to mold an ideal Pharmacy professional who can cater the needs of society and the challenging Pharmacy profession.
Our Mission: Our students not only excel in academics but also in other activities. We concentrate personally on student’s moral uprightness, scientific insight and social commitment. ASCP is the best place where students can explore their career. I hope you will be one of those fortunate students who get an admission to our college and I assure you that, your life in this college will be academically fruitful and pleasant.
I invite you to Akhtar Saeed College of Pharmacy (ASCP) to grow in knowledge, skills and attitude to be an ideal FUTURE PROFESSIONAL PHARMACIST.
Visit of Pharmacy Council Pakistan (PCP) is awaited.
Akhtar Saeed College of Pharmacy, canal campus, Lahore got affiliation from University of the Punjab, Lahore in 2020.
Pharm. D (Doctor of Pharmacy) is a Five Years Degree Program.
Curriculum Approved by Pharmacy Council of Pakistan (PCP) and Higher Education Commission (HEC) is being followed.
Annual examination system with external evaluation, appointed by university of the Punjab, under the guidelines of Pharmacy Council of Pakistan & Higher Education Commission of Pakistan is followed.
- Student Attendance & Examination Rules:
As per rules of Punjab University College of Pharmacy (PUCP), University of The Punjab, Lahore.
Student must complete 75% of attendance in each theory and practical classes before appearing in the examination. In case of failure in doing so, his/her admission for examination will be revoked.
- A student who completes the required percentage [75%] of attendance in theory and practical both and submit exam admission form for the respective professional class will only be allowed to join the next higher class provisionally. However, if such candidate fails to qualify at least two subjects in any Professional 2nd Annual Examination of Doctor of Pharmacy or declared as ‘must appear’, his provisional promotion to the next higher class will stand automatically cancelled. “Must Appear” means that a student who fails to qualify any of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or Final Professional examination in four consecutive attempts, will have to reappear in all the papers of that professional year’s examination. Those students who have been promoted after second annual examination will appear in the next examination after the completion of one year academic session and they have to fulfill the attendance requirement.
- Before examination of each Prof. Clearance from all concerned facilities is mandatory. If any student have severe shortage or declared to be ineligible to appear in examinations, appear by any reasons (such as our omissions or their false statements) will be barred from appearing in examinations. If they still appear in examinations, their results will be withheld. The College reserves the rights to cancel the examinations or admission at any stage.
- A student who is promoted to next higher class provisionally on the basis of attendances will be considered as regularly promoted, if he passes at least two subjects at least up to the 2nd Annual Examination of that class. However, such category of students shall not be allowed any further promotion to next higher class unless he passes all the lower examinations.
- A student who qualifies at least two subjects in an examination, he/she should immediately apply to the Principal for promotion to the next higher class.
- A student will not be allowed to appear in the higher professional examination unless he/ she gets through all of the lower Professional Examinations.
- A student who fails to qualify 1st Professional Examination in four consecutive attempts including the 1st Annual Examination of that class will be struck from college roll. He will not be allowed further to appear in any of the Pharmacy Examination. However in case of hardship, the Vice- Chancellor, may give one special chance on the recommendation of the Board of Studies in Pharmacy.
- A student shall cease to be a regular student as soon as his classes are terminated towards the end of the academic session.
- A student who remains absent without prior sanction of leave for a continuous period of 14 days, (excluding holidays), will automatically stand dropped from the rolls of the college on the 15th day of absence, unless the cause of absence is explained to the satisfaction of the Principal of the College. In such case the student may be re-admitted within 10 days after his dropping from the rolls. The term “University classes” will include lectures, practical, tutorials, seminars, and group discussion etc., duly notified by the College to be held during an academic term or session.
- Students whose names are dropped or struck off the rolls of the College due to shortage of lectures or non-payment of dues or poor performance or non-appearance in the examination etc., shall not be granted readmission without permission of the college administration.