This department comprises of
- Indoor 40 beds including 5 beds for PICU and ten beds for well equipped NICU.
- Out patient facility, attended by regular pediatric trained medical officers, and is supervised by senior consultants on regular basis.
- Pediatric emergency room attended by pediatric trained medical officer and house officers around the clock twenty four a day seven days a week.
- Medical Students Teaching. This department has full expertise and staff for teaching undergraduates and post graduate medical students.
- Continuous Medical Education has been started for the medical officers, house officers and faculty.
- Asthma clinic will be started very soon to treat asthmatic children and educate parents to manage at home.
- Oral rehydration therapy corner has been established. This facility is to depart health education to mothers and provide children with ORS.
- Vaccinations at present all the children coming to ASMC are given on weekly basis, and it will be expanded to at least three days/weeks.
- A research cell has been established for basic clinical research.
Head of Department
Prof. Gazanfar Ali Sheikh
MBBS, MD.DABP (USA) FAAP
Prof. Gazanfar Ali Sheikh is well know Pediatrics and researcher. He graduation in King Edward Medical College Lahore in 1970, and proceeded to United States in post-graduction which he completed in 1976. He has been teacher of Pediatrics since 1983 and retired in KEMC in 2008, and the joined private medical college Professor of Pediatrics to date. He has been included in clinical research and has 15 papers published. He has been examiner in post graduation examination (FCPS) for 12 years. He has been included in clinical Community welfare and
there welfare projects.